11.07.2022

A Kitchen Pan for Family Fun

One of my cooking goals was to learn how to make Vietnamese Bahn Khot which is made of tapioca flour and coconut and is a morsel of deliciousness. Plus it's gluten-free and fairly healthy when eaten with greens. When researching how to make it, I discovered that I needed a special pan. The pan below is known as either a takoyaki or aebelskiver cast iron pan. I have found such joy experimenting with it and so have our kids. 

During my birthday dinner, I made a few batches of Banh Khot and impressed our group of friends! Shortly after, my kids and I made cute danish pancakes for breakfast. We made a few savory with cheddar cheese and sweet ones sprinkled with powdered sugar or filled with jam.  I have yet to make takoyaki but the options are endless. 

You can create other mini-foods like aki onigiri (grilled rice balls) french toast, muffins, and pizza.  Your taste buds will be happy to check out this delicious pinterest board.

Honestly it took me a few months to make the purchase. It's not expensive at about $25 on Amazon, but I really had to justify purchasing another kitchen gadget. I'm happy with it and encourage others to do the same. It's a hit with the whole fam! #homecooking #joyofcooking #kitchengadgets #breakfast #appetizers



Bahn Khot

aebelskiver







No comments:

A Kitchen Pan for Family Fun

One of my cooking goals was to learn how to make Vietnamese Bahn Khot which is made of tapioca flour and coconut and is a morsel of deliciou...