6.28.2010

Greening Our Vocabulary

This morning Kai was pretending to pump fuel with his toy train set. I said "Are you giving your train gas?". My good friend said "Gas? You should say biofuel or solar energy." True I should prep Kai for the reality and importance of alternative energy by speaking this language. So far we've been able to teach him physical acts of green such as planting seeds,picking veggies from the garden, and going on bike rides. Being mindful of the words we use is a bit more tricky. I suppose it will be a lifelong process as j and I are becoming more green adults.

We will depend on green schools and his caretakers to model the lifestyle. On this recommended list of ways to teach children about sustainability, I think we've tackled quite a few. Like most people, we still have old habits to break. Maybe our next car should be electric...

No comments:

A Kitchen Pan for Family Fun

One of my cooking goals was to learn how to make Vietnamese Bahn Khot which is made of tapioca flour and coconut and is a morsel of deliciou...