1.17.2022

A Decade Later - How Motherhood Changes

Wow, it's been a minute. Wait, it's been a decade. I'm going out on a limb today as I stumbled upon my blog. So much has changed. Back then there was no TikTok, no IG, and no pandemic. Just us modest bloggers. It's 2022!

It's mid-life for me. My kids are now going on 10 and 13. Crazy. When I started this blog I was a new mom. This blog was my lifesaver and creative outlet when I was breastfeeding. I've spent the last decade being a working mom in a busy corporate environment.  I can tell you that working moms can't have it all, but we can have most of it. 

I had very little time to write and this blog faded in the background. However, I did finish a novella in 2012 right after Camille was born and most recently finished a children's book:  Ba's Magic Pho


Anyways, our life hasn't been quite status quo. In a decade so much changed. We moved to Seattle from the Bay Area in 2016 and lived there until 2021. My mom was diagnosed with cancer in 2018 and has been in on-going treatment and still living her life. My father-in-law passed away and I had my first experience creating a memorial site and being that supportive spouse during a tough time. As a married couple, we weathered lay-offs and financial uncertainty to finally purchasing a home on our own terms. I've grown a lot in a decade and hope to share my lessons with you again. 

Now that I'm 46, I realize that life does go by really fast.  We've experienced our parents aging, loved ones dying and at the same time seeing our own children, nieces, and niblings grow into beautiful people. I'm excited to get back into this creative life and see where it goes.

If you're reading this,  I hope to share lessons in life again and the little things that spark happiness.

Like many of you,  I worked a ton to build a future and was completely burnt out by my corporate job. I took the plunge into the Great Resignation. And here I am. I keep starting to build something new, then stopping, and here I am back to my writing again. Enjoy! #motherhood #midlife

Love, 

Ly



No comments:

A Kitchen Pan for Family Fun

One of my cooking goals was to learn how to make Vietnamese Bahn Khot which is made of tapioca flour and coconut and is a morsel of deliciou...