10.11.2022

Good Food Deals #1 - Surviving Inflation with 99 Ranch

Like many of you, I'm always trying to find ways to pinch pennies especially when it comes to feeding a family of four which includes a teenage boy who can EAT! Even the cheapest food out has become so pricey. I've discovered the hot deli bar at 99 Ranch is a great take-out spot that won't break the wallet. I've picked up the challenge of how to stuff as much food as possible in the take-out boxes. No shame. I learned from all the bachelor men who rely on this hot bar for their nightly dinner. They pack the food into the rim and honestly the cashiers don't mind. The times when I was modest with how I filled up my box, the sweet cashiers always end up packing more food into it with a smile. They want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth. 


Today I discovered that there is always a $6 deal right at the cashier after 4 pm. Sometimes it's a bento box with a tea egg, grilled chicken, veggies, and rice. Today, I snagged half of a soy-sauce chicken for $6 when it usually costs $14. I was beaming with joy. 

I highly recommend checking out their deli, especially at the end of the day! Our local one is located in Richmond, CA but there is usually a market nearby any big city or suburb. The hot deli will satsify anyone's craving for simple Chinese food.

My fave items include the spicy sauteed fish, chow fun, braised tofu, ha gow, siu mai, and sesame balls!

Feast on a budget. Save money by hunting for food bargains. #cheapeats #survivinginflation #foodhacks #frugalhuntress #99ranch #eatingonabudget #cheapeats







No comments:

A Kitchen Pan for Family Fun

One of my cooking goals was to learn how to make Vietnamese Bahn Khot which is made of tapioca flour and coconut and is a morsel of deliciou...