7.18.2008

HILarious Reading




I stole this book from my husband. In fact, I have to sneak off to read it. But I figure he read all my pregnancy books so it's only fair I read his.

Daddy Needs A Drink written by Robert Wilder.

As I nurse baby Kai, this gives me some major comic relief.

Here is an excerpt from one of the first chapters I read about Wilder "ferberizing" their daughter:

"I set up a little command station in our bedroom and stocked the corner with bottled water, earplugs, aspirin, a digital stopwatch, and bottle of Jagermeister left over from a period in our lives when we still had fun. Lala and I told Poppy it was time for bed, and we wrapped her burrito style in a blanket, leaving one arm out so she could suck her thumb or flip us off after we desserted her."

Wilder's humor will cheer up any mom who may experience a hard day.


Another good read is The Hip Mama Survival Guide





A friend let me borrow this book during my first week as a mother. It's written by a Mills Alum, Ariel Gore She provides candid and witty advice and anecdotes around motherhood. From the book:

ATTENTION, HUSBANDS OF NEWLY PREGNANT WOMEN:

DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY WHEN YOUR WIFE WOULD RATHER SLEEP THAN SLEEP WITH YOU! SHE REALLY CANNOT HELP IT AND IT IS ABSOLUTELY NO REFLECTION ON YOUR MANHOOD OR HOW MUCH SHE LOVES YOU. TRY AGAIN TOMORROW MORNING AFTER SHE HAS HAD SOME REST. (UNLESS, OF COURSE, SHE HAS MORNING SICKNESS, TOO, IN WHICH CASE, TRY THE PLAYBOY CHANNEL.)

No comments:

A Kitchen Pan for Family Fun

One of my cooking goals was to learn how to make Vietnamese Bahn Khot which is made of tapioca flour and coconut and is a morsel of deliciou...