6.26.2009

Michael Jackson...a part of my childhood dies

You know I never really get emotional when celebrities die. When Aaliyah died, I certainly was very sad but I didn't cry. The news of MJ's death certainly shocked me, but the emotions didn't quite hit me until I heard his songs. First the radio was playing Man In the Mirror, and I thought about how great the lyrics were. Then I switched the station ,and Rock with You came on. This is probably my favorite MJ song, and I just started crying.

I remember when I was seven and my best friend had a birthday party. Her parents rented Thriller from the video store, and we watched it at least fifteen times that night. Or all those good times in my life when the DJ would play an MJ song, and I would dance with pure happiness.

He will be missed. Watch the Rock with You video.

No comments:

A Kitchen Pan for Family Fun

One of my cooking goals was to learn how to make Vietnamese Bahn Khot which is made of tapioca flour and coconut and is a morsel of deliciou...