1.26.2022

Books to Read Now


Right now, I'm reading:

Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning by Cathy Park Hong

Oh yes, I'm feeling myself getting pumped now. Amen- just what we all need to read now. Her book reminds me of all the critical moments in API history and how many of us internalize the rage we often feel because our struggles are never acknowledged. This book is for anyone who has wondered about the Asian American experience or for any API who needs more self-love.

The Art of Living by Thich Nhat Hanh.

Master TNH words are simple but forces us to contemplate. I need to read his messages twice to fully understand his message. He recently passed away at the age of 95 and had a profound influence on the world. Mindfulness takes years to master and I still feel like a beginner.  This book is for anyone who is feeling lost and needs encouragement. There are breathing activities and deep messages to meditate on.

I leave you with this from the book:

Our suffering is impermanent

and that is why we can transform it.

And because happiness is impermanent

that's why we have to nourish it.

peace and love,

Ly


No comments:

A Kitchen Pan for Family Fun

One of my cooking goals was to learn how to make Vietnamese Bahn Khot which is made of tapioca flour and coconut and is a morsel of deliciou...