1.26.2022

Supporting Friends Through Tough Times | Pandemic Blues

Many of us have been blue during the pandemic and may have even questioned our mental well health. So many people in our lives can be on the brink of entering a period of darkness. A few months ago, we learned that a dear friend had committed suicide. We had celebrated a milestone birthday where family and friends showed a ton of love. It was shocking to hear the news of her death. I know many of us have witnessed someone or multiple people pass away during the two year pandemic. 

The other day another dear friend expressed how sad she's been too. The pressure of parenting, working and the ongoing grieving of departed ones feels unbearable. It's true we're not all ok.  I knew I had to gather my girlfriends together for another virtual chat. I had been feeling a little lost too. Many of us organized zoom calls in the early days of lockdown in 2020. But it seems as things become a bit more normal, we've tried to go back to our regular lives. So the gatherings and check-ins have been less frequent.  

However, friends and family are still hurting and grieving as we march through the different waves of COVID-19. Or as we experience the one year death anniversaries of people we love.  Whether it's a co-worker or a close friend, check in on the people in your life.  My girlfriends and I send heart emojis and affirmations when we know someone is down just to let them know we're thinking of them.  Simple things that have cheered folks up in my life include:







No comments:

A Kitchen Pan for Family Fun

One of my cooking goals was to learn how to make Vietnamese Bahn Khot which is made of tapioca flour and coconut and is a morsel of deliciou...