6.13.2008

Snippets: Labor Music and 2 good finds



Most likely I'll be going into labor in the next seven days. So I finally created a soundtrack:

-Yaku Zap Mama
-Make Me Whole Amel Larrieux
-Angel Weekend Players
-This Lullabye Esthero
-Army of Me Grisbi
-Dance with Me Nouvelle Vague
-Make a Baby Vikter Duplaix
-Swarming Efterklang
-Boo Pinback


It's a simple mix of electronica and neo soul with the exception of pinback. Most of these songs I discovered listening to pandora

The other albums I'm bringing are from two Icelandic music greats: Agaetis Byrjun by Sigur Ros, and Vespertine by Bjork.
These two albums can be described as hypnotic siren songs which I believe will help me get to that state of welcoming the little one into the world.

Curious...what songs inspired you to keep pushing?


___

Two Good Finds



One: I know parents and children shouldn't become brand snobs, but Tea Collection offers a beautiful collection of children's clothes. Usually found at higher end boutiques but they're having a huge sale on their website. Their tagline resonated with me-- "For Little Citizens of the World.". Their designs are Japanese influenced and come in cool colors. Right now, many of their items are 50%. If you want to do more good, a part of their collection donates half of the proceeds to the Unicef Children's Fund. Did I mention the collection is designed in San Francisco?



Two: Pick up the June Issue of Common Ground. The issue is dedicated to family matters and has great tips of eco-toys and activities for children. Inside you'll find out what a "staycation" is. Pick it up at your local library or organic cafe.

No comments:

A Kitchen Pan for Family Fun

One of my cooking goals was to learn how to make Vietnamese Bahn Khot which is made of tapioca flour and coconut and is a morsel of deliciou...